Tempo / Time Signature Changes

Θέματα που αφορούν τα συγκεκριμένα όργανα

Topic author
pathosmusic
Όνομα / Name: Chris
Τοποθεσία (Location): USA / New York
Επάγγελμα / Occupation: Recording Engineer
Μουσικό όργανο / Music Instrument: Bouzouki / Keyboard / Drums / Guitar / Laouto / Daouli / Doumberleki
Τι ψάχνετε στο midipart / What are you looking for in midipart site: I want to get more knowledge on Greek sounds for keybaords.
Group: Registered users
Flag: Cyprus

Tempo / Time Signature Changes

Post #1 by pathosmusic » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:09 am

Hello friends!

I am very happy to have found this site where you all are so helpful! I am sorry that my Greek is not good enough to try and communicate well, so as I learn my Greek i will have to continue in English.

What is the best way to change tempo/time signature in one song performance? For example there is a dance/song Ballaristos, which plays a slower ipirotiko beat for 6 measures, and then changes to a faster syrto beat for 8 measures, and this repeats again.

Or there is another song Hortarakia which has a Kalamatiano beat for 8 measures, then changes to tsamiko beat for 8 measures. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Thanks very much!

Chris
0 x

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

KONNECTORAS Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Όνομα / Name: Βασίλης
Τοποθεσία (Location): Νίκαια
Μουσικό όργανο / Music Instrument: Πλήκτρα
Μοντέλο οργάνου / Music Instrument Model: KURZWEIL: K2000S v3.87 w/P-RAM, 64MB sample ram & Compactflash Drive modification, K2500R v5.01 w/P-RAM2, 128MB sample ram & KDFX, K2600S v4.11 w/128MB P-RAM26, sample ram, RMB26-1 έως 4, & Compactflash Drive modification, Expression Mate (Ribbon Controller),
KORG: WAVESTATION SR, TRITON EXTREME 76 w/MOSS & 96MB sample ram, TRITON RACK (w/EXB-MOSS, EXB-SCSI, EXB-PCM 01-02-04-05-06-07-08-09), TRINITY PLUS (w/SOLO-TRI,HDR-TRI,DI-TRI,PBS-TRI), PA3X 76 w/EXB-M256, PAD CONTROL
ROLAND: JD990 w/SR-JV 04, JV1080 w/SR-JV 04-06-11-99, XV5080 w/128MB sample ram, SR-JV 01-07-19-98 & SRX 06-07-04-98, FANTOM-XR w/SRX 01-02-03-11-97 &1GB sample ram
YAMAHA: TG500 w/1MB flash ram, RM50 w/0.5MB flash ram, MOTIF ES6 (w/ PLG150-VL-AN-DX & 1GB sample ram), VL70M, PSS680+790, PSR500
CASIO: CZ101
AKAI: SG01V
NOVATION: SL 61 MK II
Πώς μάθατε για το midipart / How did you find midipart site: Από αναζήτηση στο google...!
Τι ψάχνετε στο midipart / What are you looking for in midipart site: Ανταλλαγή γνώσεων, απόψεων, υλικού, τεχνικής βοήθειας καθώς και γνωριμίες με ανθρώπους του ίδιου ενδιαφέροντος, την μουσική τεχνολογία ή καλύτερα την τεχνολογία στην υπηρεσία της μουσικής!!!
Facebook Profile: Konnectoras Konnex
Group: Administrators
Flag: Greece
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: Tempo / Time Signature Changes

Post #2 by KONNECTORAS Admin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:25 pm

The most efficient way to do this is to edit your style in a DAW.
There you can make a tempo change table and do your job the easy way.
0 x
Image Η ΙΣΧΥΣ ΕΝ ΤΗ ΕΝΩΣΕΙ ΠΑΙΔΙΑ!!!!

Image ΚΑΙ ΟΜΩΣ ΗΡΘΕ ΤΟ ΘΗΡΙΟ !!!

JIMLEFREAK
User
User
Όνομα / Name: Δημήτρης
Μουσικό όργανο / Music Instrument: keyboards
Μοντέλο οργάνου / Music Instrument Model: Korg Pa3x 76, Pa1x , M3 , Yamaha W7, AnX1, Electribe SX, MX
Πώς μάθατε για το midipart / How did you find midipart site: τυχαία στο internet.
Τι ψάχνετε στο midipart / What are you looking for in midipart site: Επικοινωνια με συναδελφους μουσικους ,γνωριμίες με ανθρώπους του ίδιου ενδιαφέροντος, Ανταλαγη αποψεων , Ενημερωση .
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/jimlefreak?feature=mhee

Post #3 by JIMLEFREAK » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:59 am

There is another way to accomplish a change tempo in a style without using a computer.

First save the tempo of the style you are working to match the tempo of the VAr 1 of the style you are working.

When you are in the edit style procedure and you want let's say Var 1 at 100bpm and Var2 120bpm...go to Event edit of Var 2 ...at the pop up menu were you choose wich track to edit like drums ,perc,ac1...there is the MASTER track. There you will see that there is an event with the master tempo of the Variation. You have to insert one event with the new tempo like 120bpm exactly after the first event.
Do this to all the possible Cv's of Var 2.

You can even make a tempo change in the SAME Variation!!!!!!...but in a different CV !!!! (Why not in the same CV.....2 bars with one tempo and 6bars with another tempo...interesting!!....)You can program for example a CV1 when you play a minor or major cord with one tempo and a CV2 with a different tempo when you play for example a 7th or a m7th. (Have in mind that you can even program the 7th to play like a simple major or the m7 to play like a minor with some extra programming skills).The possibilities are endless.......

I encourage you to take a step deeper in programming and editing your styles. You will always be a winner at the end.
0 x

Antonis_maestros
Power user
Power user
Όνομα / Name: Aντώνης
Τοποθεσία (Location): Πρωτεύουσα
Επάγγελμα / Occupation: Ενορχηστρωτής / Μουσικός Παραγωγός - Sound Developer - PhD in Electronics Engineering/R&D
Μουσικό όργανο / Music Instrument: Πιάνο - Synthesizers - Midi Εφαρμογές
Μοντέλο οργάνου / Music Instrument Model: Korg KronosX - Pa4X 76 - Yamaha Montage 7 - Pa3X 76 - Roland XV88 - All Yamaha DX series - Emu3 - Emax II HD - OB V8
Πώς μάθατε για το midipart / How did you find midipart site: Google
Τι ψάχνετε στο midipart / What are you looking for in midipart site: Απόψεις απλών χρηστών , παροχή Μουσικής & τεχνικής υποστήριξης
Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/antony.sharmman
https://myspace.com/sharmman
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8I7vy ... /playlists
Birthday
Flag: Greece
Zodiac: Aries

Post #4 by Antonis_maestros » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:34 pm

which has a Kalamatiano beat for 8 measures, then changes to tsamiko beat for 8 measures. Is there any way to accomplish this? -

I'll focus mainly on this !
PaSeries do not support different Styles time signatures like 7/8 & 6/8 in same Var/Fill ect , therefore in case of a style you have to
create a Fill (4) in 7/8 and 8 measures , a Variation (4) in 6/8 for 8 measures (or vice versa) and MENU/Style Controls Fill mode
automation like 4: to Var 4 due to accomplish the required song's demands when inserting Fill 4.
But in full sequencer mode everything is feasible !
0 x

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

JIMLEFREAK
User
User
Όνομα / Name: Δημήτρης
Μουσικό όργανο / Music Instrument: keyboards
Μοντέλο οργάνου / Music Instrument Model: Korg Pa3x 76, Pa1x , M3 , Yamaha W7, AnX1, Electribe SX, MX
Πώς μάθατε για το midipart / How did you find midipart site: τυχαία στο internet.
Τι ψάχνετε στο midipart / What are you looking for in midipart site: Επικοινωνια με συναδελφους μουσικους ,γνωριμίες με ανθρώπους του ίδιου ενδιαφέροντος, Ανταλαγη αποψεων , Ενημερωση .
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/jimlefreak?feature=mhee

Post #5 by JIMLEFREAK » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:05 am

The best way to change tempo/time signature in one song performance ,is to create a new Style from scratch copying first the elements (variations...fills..etc) you need to the new style.....example= Var 1 6/8 , Var 2 2/4 and then set the tempo change as i explained in my previous post.
Here is a video tutorial on youtube.
"The tutorial covers how to change tempo for Style Elements independent from each other (within the same Style). This is good for playing songs that require tempo changes, and/or to play Medley type of performances where every song is in a different tempo."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpJYFL_xyXk
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpJYFL_xyXk
-->
0 x